Photos of available pieces are posted on the web site. This way you can see exactly what you are purchasing. The only exception are pen blanks and banksia pods, in which case a close sample is represented in the photo.
Custom orders may be placed via email or telephone. Customers are welcome to visit the shop during business hours (10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.) Monday - Friday. Please call ahead to make sure we have not stepped out. Weekend visits are by appointment only. Our shop is located at 27 Chestnut St, Seymour, CT, 06483
Email us at email@example.com. To complete a custom order we will need the following:
- Address (a complete address is needed for shipping calculations or quotes)
- Telephone number
- Item description (species, size, quantity, etc.)
We respond to emails quickly, so if you don't hear from us within a day or two, please check back as some emails unfortunately get lost in the spam folder.
Call us at (413) 213-0248. Typical telephone hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST. Please leave a message with a return phone number if you get a recording. Kay may have stepped out or operating equipment and not able to hear the phone. He will be happy to call you back as soon as possible.
Customers are welcome at the shop at 27 Chestnut St, Seymour, CT, 06483. Please make an appointment. You can call or email with a date/time, and Kay will let you know if he can accommodate. We don't want any one to make the trip out only to find us stepped out.
********* A 50% deposit is required on all custom orders. **********
Once we verify all requested pieces are available and shipping calculated, payment can be made through a variety of means. We accept the following payments including:
- PayPal payments can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not have to have a PayPal account to make a PayPal payment. We are also happy to send you a PayPal invoice upon request.
- Credit Cards (VISA, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express) Please do not send credit card information over email as it could compromise the card. Call in the card number, or we can call for it. We will ask for the card number, expiration date, security code, billing street number, and billing zip code.
- Personal Checks are accepted and shipment will be sent once the check clears. Write the check out to Bad Dogs Burl Source and mail it to the following address:
27 Chestnut St.
Seymour, CT, 06483
- Wire transfers can be sent, just call us for the necessary information.
We will make every effort to ship your order as expeditiously and inexpensive as possible. Pieces are packed in a manner that minimizes damage. Most orders received and paid for before 10:00 a.m. EST are generally shipped the next day. Custom orders may take longer.
Please provide a complete shipping address when requesting a shipping quote, just a zip code is not sufficient.
Standard shipping is normally through UPS, FedEx, US Postal Service (USPS) Priority Mail, or USPS Priority Flat/Regional Rate. I select the most economical method unless otherwise identified by the customer. USPS overnight shipping is available if requested. USPS Parcel Post is also an option, such as to Alaska, but the delivery time could take a couple of weeks or more. All UPS and USPS Priority shipments can be tracked. The tracking number can be provided if requested. Boxes over 70 pounds or excess size must be shipped via UPS, additional UPS fees apply. Any shipment over 150 pounds must be shipped via freight.
I am happy to ship foreign or APO/FPO orders. We have shipped wood to customers located around the world including South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia. Often, the cheapest means is to ship via USPS International Flat Rate; however, insurance and tracking may or may not be available depending on the country and size of box. For a slightly higher cost, International Express may be the preferred option due to tracking capabilities, insurance options, and faster enroute shipping. The method of shipping is the choice of the customer. It is the customer's responsibility to make sure that there are no restrictions on the species they are wanting to import. It is also the customer's responsibility to pay all duties and excess fees associated with a foreign shipment.